Monday, April 26, 2010

On Saturday, we went to the eastern shore to ride our bikes on the Cross Island Trail. It was a beautiful day and I thought Eddie would enjoy riding the flat terrain. I hooked Ben on the back of my bike and he had a ball. I seriously haven't touched my bike since the triathlon last summer so I am ready to start my love affair with it again. (and no, I'm not doing that triathlon again)

Eddie biked so slowly. I don't know what it is with him, but he never really gets much speed. I think his tires are pretty bad, plus his training wheels really weigh him down. Peirce had great patience riding with Eddie and teaching him to move over when other people were around. They had to stop and take lots of breaks while I rode ahead with Ben.

On Friday, I was riding a friend's scooter....her 5 year old's scooter to be exact. It is one of those Razor scooters with two wheels. Eddie has said he does not want one. He prefers his three wheeled scooter which is much safer. So, I was showing him how to ride one with two wheels. I was feeling more confident so picked up more speed. I stopped, dismounted, and then fell down. Yes, I fell down after my dismount. Unfortunately, I landed wrong on my ankle and was in discomfort parts of the weekend. I didn't do anything about it until Sunday when I broke out the ice. I realized if I was 20 that it would not have been anything major and I probably would have felt fine the next day. But, with age come longer set backs, and I realized I have my final week of boot camp this week, so I wanted my ankle to feel better. It is not comfortable to run on it so that worries me a bit. But, I'll continue to ice and elevate when I can and hope this is just a very minor setback and nothing more. The good news is that Eddie now wants a Razor scooter. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment