Monday, June 27, 2011

Race Time

Yesterday, I ran the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K. I ran it last year and it was incredibly hot and I still ended up liking the race. It helps that is is a mile from our house and you get a pretty rose and cold towel at the end. This year, I ran it and told myself just to relax and don't worry about what time I get. There was a new course so that was nice. Usually, we have to run the same streets we run every day on our normal runs. So it did help to have new scenery. Low and behold, I got a new personal best for a 5K. I usually hate running this distance because I am a tortoise, not a hare. I like to go long and slow and hate the pain that is brought by the shorter distances. But, obviously, I have a new strategy...just relax and run for fun. Celebration followed at the pool afterward with a big family pizza.

Eddie and Ben ran the Kids Fun Run. Eddie ran it last year and this was Ben's first time. They were very cute and were eager to get to the starting line. They ran down the stretch (about the distance of a straightaway on the track) and were happy to collect their medals and a goodie bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment