Thursday, June 23, 2011

Even Better than the Real Thing

Last night, we saw U2 play at M&T Bank stadium. We sat way up high in the nosebleeds, but the stage and technology kept the show entertaining for everyone, no matter the seat. That is why they call this tour their 360 tour. Check out this stage. By the way, all these pictures are from google, not me. I was too busy getting my groove on to worry about snapping photos.

It was like a space ship that could do anything. Like this....

Or change to this.

The nosebleeds proved to be a great place to sit. We were able to soak in the sunset, city skyline and the gorgeous, but hot night. All week long, they had been calling for thunderstorms, but thankfully, not a drop of rain was to be found. After all, the stage alone was like a lightning rod.

My favorite part of the show was hearing Commander Mark Kelly give a message from the International Space Station. He is the husband of U.S. House Representative, Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in AZ in January when I was out there visiting my mom and Larry. I find their love story to be fascinating because he was able to do his job as commander and go into space while his wife was home recovering from a horrible tragedy. But, they have a love that obviously transcends time zones and stratospheres. He is now home and retired, so congratulations to him. His introduction led into "Beautiful Day" which was magnificent. I'm still tingling thinking about it. Here is a snippet of the song and his intro. from the NASA site. And of course, last night instead of saying Seattle, he said, "Hello Baltimore."


Just too cool for words. Only goosebumps will do.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo! I'm getting so excited. We're seeing them here @ the Meadowlands.

    ReplyDelete