Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation



Last Friday, Eddie graduated kindergarten. It is weird that here I am blogging about it because I do think it is slightly odd that this is celebrated at all. I get 12th grade and college and maybe even 8th grade, but it seems odd to me that we do this for these little kids who have no idea what is going on.

Needless to say, guess which mother was sitting there with tears in her eyes half the time. Yup, me. There are two K teachers and the one that was not Eddie's teacher read from this book that we actually own. It is called Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury. I don't know why I even bought this book at the library book sale because I seriously cannot even get past page two without absolutely sobbing. And there I was in public as this teacher decides she thinks it is a good idea to read it. In a nutshell, this book is about how we as parents always remember our kids "firsts"...first steps, first school day, etc. But, we hardly remember their "lasts"....last nap, last little league game, etc. Then the book ends with the kid going off to college. This will probably be a "last" I will actually remember because I'll remember myself sitting there with tears in my eyes the whole time!

After graduation, we went out for a pizza lunch and dessert. It was a nice day and we are proud of our little boy. By the way, love the way he puts his diploma on the ground in this first video. I tend to agree with him...a diploma doesn't get you much in this economy, haha!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Eddie. We are very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete