Yesterday was Father's Day. I think Peirce celebrated it well, though you'd have to ask him. We started off the morning by going to a local coffee shop named Spoons. It is in Federal Hill. They have a tiny little kids area with toys so that helped entertain the kids.

Instead of ordering off the menu, something like pancakes or french toast, Eddie and Ben decided to get a cinnamon roll the size of their head that was on display in the case when you walk in the door. That meant they were eating it right away and Peirce and I hadn't even gotten our meal yet. I kept saying, "You have to leave us alone while we eat. No fussing." But, with the size of this thing, it did take the quite a long time to finish it. Thank heavens.

So Peirce got to sip his coffee leisurely....

And the boys kept smiling and eating. As luck would have it, all was going well with this breakfast outing. We won't discuss Ben throwing a fit at home before we left that he didn't want to go out for breakfast. No. We won't mention his constant statement of, "I want breakfast here!!!!!" I think the giant cinnamon roll put him in his place.

After that, it was off to swim lessons. Now this is the part where we hold our breath. Neither kid is loving the lessons right now, but Ben is lucky because he gets to have one of us in the pool with him. A couple weeks ago, he got demoted from preschool to toddler lessons because he wanted to stay with me and didn't want to swim by himself. Meanwhile, Eddie is being forced to get his face wet (a problem to me as well since I don't like to swim, so I feel his pain) so every swim lesson day is a moment to hope for the best. Luckily, this father's day, Ben did great. He was even
complimented for his abilities, so that made Peirce smile.


The lessons are at a super posh gym on the other side of the harbor. Every time I walk in there, I feel like I'm in a NYC club. You can look down on the traffic and out at the buildings. I feel relaxed and I didn't even work out!

Eddie was thrilled to sit and read his Mr. Popper's Penguins book. Toward the end of Ben's lesson, he read Chapter 1 all by himself. We have read the book together, but this is just so exciting to see him reading alone. That is one of my favorite sounds...hearing kids read. There is something so pure about it.
Meanwhile, Ben had a good lesson. "Ben, how many times did you go under water today?"

Good job. Your made your daddy proud on Father's Day.
OK, one grandson graduates from Kindergarten and the other grandson gets "demoted" in swim lessons. Sounds good to me. Looks like a great Father's Day for the entire family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your wonderful description and pictures of Father's day. Peirce is a very lucky man!!!
ReplyDelete