Thursday, May 26, 2011

Biking Boy

Last week, Eddie learned to ride his bike without training wheels. (And after weeks of trying to pedal, Ben has gotten the hang of a bike as well.) Eddie kept saying it was too hard to go on his bike, so I "casually" mentioned that it would go easier and faster if he took his training wheels off. I just grabbed the wrench and went at it. He seemed willing enough to give it a go. Within a couple of laps with me holding on and intermittently letting go, he was able to do it all by himself! I was quite impressed that he got the hang of it that quickly. He continues to enjoy it and gets in his groove doing lap after lap around the lot. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to do the same thing. This video shows him maybe on the second try of doing it all by himself. I help him start and then he struggles with the stop. But, lately, he seems to be able to do that part on his own. Happy riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment