Monday, May 2, 2011

Baseball Season



Baseball season is upon us. Actually, t-ball season. We signed Eddie up this year, much to his chagrin. He would much rather stay home and draw all day. Luckily, his best friend, Finn, is on his team so we are trying to get in our groove with the season. The first SEVEN games were rained out. And on game 8, Eddie put on his Washington Nationals uniform (after hiding under his bed and me bribing, yes, bribing him with jelly beans after the game if he just got dressed) and marched onto the field. It was a very momentous occasion for us as parents because Eddie is just not into sports, so we were very proud of him for trying. If he doesn't want to continue sports all his life, that is fine, but we wanted to expose him to it.

He did well at the game and then it was onto the Little League Parade this past Saturday. Again, issues getting dressed, but finally convinced him it would be fun. We walked up to the start and then Eddie and his teammates carried the banner the whole way down the parade route. It was a cute time in South Baltimore.
As you can see in the team photo, Ben (in stripes), is desperate to play ball. I knew to dress him in red because I had a feeling he would worm his way into the photos.
Play ball!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Eddie! I like to follow the Nationals and now I have a better reason to o so. Be a good sport and do your best. It should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to watch him play one day. Go Cubs, I mean NATIONALS!

    ReplyDelete