Monday, May 16, 2011

A week underground

I am happy to be back at the computer again. The Macgills have been struggling with the stomach flu for about a week. In my last post, I didn't mention that after the race, Peirce and I came home to a very sick Ben. Fever, throw up and very very tired. All I could do was sit around and cuddle him. Not a bad deal if you ask me. It lasted until Tuesday. Then on Tuesday afternoon, Eddie walked out of school with the dreaded, "I don't feel good," as he hugged me hello. We got home and he had a little fever. The next day, he perked back up, but then that night, the throw ups came and uh-oh, I wasn't feeling good. Eddie proceeded to throw up every hour for 24 hours and I did my best to rally to hold the bucket for him. I was in and out of sleep and in and out of the bathroom myself. It was a tough couple of days. He and I laid around for a few days while Ben played around us or gladly sat and watched a couple cartoons with Eddie.

Finally, after days of not eating, my strength has come back and I even headed to boot camp this morning. Not that it was easy, but at least I got a good sweat going.

I did want to show you what I got for Mother's Day. Eddie was so excited to give me my goodie bag. As you can see, I got a pretty flower made of tissue paper and.....

yes....a My Little Pony. What girl doesn't want one of these? My little pony, pretty pony. I love to comb and brush her hair. Does anyone remember that song? What a lucky mom I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment