Last week was spring break and we had plans to stay busy. The rainy weather and a few fevers for various members of the family threw some of our plans for a loop, but we managed to fit in most things and still have a good time.
Our first stop was Gettysburg, PA.

Eddie has been into the civil war lately so we thought we'd pounce on this learning opportunity. We brushed up on our history on the drive up and Eddie kept asking questions along the lines of "Daddy, who did YOU want to win the war?" Peirce handled it well stating that it was best for our country that the union won, even though the south had good strategy. But by the end of the day, Ben was calling the gray guys the "bad guys" and the blue guys the "good guys" much to Peirce's chagrin. I, of course, was laughing the whole time.

We were excited to climb the observation tower.
The boys did great on the climb and the views were very pretty. (Yes, a penguin goes with us wherever we go)
Peirce, however, had to sit down and take a breather. His heart pounded the entire time up and down. Heights are not his thing. Eddie tries to tell him it will be ok.After a quick day trip to D.C. and a few things around town, it was time for Easter. I went a little crazy with the Easter baskets this year because our neighborhood toy store was closing, so I got a ton of stuff for 50% off. Plus, throughout the year, I'll grab little things to hold onto. It is my favorite holiday and I have great memories of being a child and hunting for my baskets and finding some goodies inside, so I'm hoping these spring break memories are little seeds of happiness planted in my children's minds. This is a picture of the baskets hiding in the basement. Hope everyone had a nice Easter!
Again,thank you for the pictures.The boys are growing up too fast!! What is this about my whimpy son-when did he become afraid of heights?
ReplyDeleteLove all the Easter baskets.
Very nice report on The Macgill Times. The photo of Eddie and Ben with the penguin is super. Thanks for the post and keep it up.
ReplyDelete