Peirce and I got to go away last weekend to Kent Island on Maryland's Eastern Shore. This was a belated valentine to each other, so we treated ourselves to a suite at the Hilton with a bay view. It was great. So relaxing to get away from the kids. Oh yes, the kids...I forgot to mention that Cacky and Rupert came to stay with them. Ben is in full fledged separation anxiety mode so he had a bit of a tough time every now and then, but otherwise, they did great. Needless to say, I really needed the weekend to recharge. I think life has been chaotic lately, hence the lack of posting, but maybe I'll be back now.
My photography class ended last night. We'll go out in April to do a field shoot. I do feel more confident with the camera, but need to put aside some time to play around and take some cool shots.
In the meantime, here are two pictures from our weekend. The first is the view from our balcony and the second is our dinner out. I got steamed shrimp as my meal and Peirce got wings. The waitress put both our "dinners" on someone else's tab and they paid it, so we got off paying for just a couple beers and a salad. And yes, we still tipped on the full amount. :-) We were happy to!
You're in seafood country and Peirce gets wings! Where did I go wrong? It most have been those salmon patties.
ReplyDeleteI miss my boys.