First day of school for the 2014-2015 school year!
Ben enters 1st grade with Mrs. Deppe.
And he really got it together for the prior photo because this is how he felt about the first day of school. He was feeling really sad about the long day and ahead and cried the whole way on the walk to school. Thankfully, on the walk home, he was happy.
Eddie entered fourth grade with Ms. Kennedy and Mrs. Marcotte. He switches teachers for each half of the day.
Two days later we celebrated Eddie's 9th birthday. We sent these to school as favors since sending food is now frowned upon. Eddie was worried that "some of the video gamers might not like them." But, I asked for the report after school and apparently, everyone thought they were cool. Some kids even used the pens during school even though the teacher said not to. Hope I don't get in trouble as a rebel parent. Can't send food, can't send pens....
After school, Poppy and Grammy picked the boys up from school because I had to work. They ran out to get 9 balloons. How festive!
We did some present exchange and I really think this book got the biggest smile of all. My Tourist Guide to the Solar System. It is a fun book.
And luckily, Eddie got some awesome Barnes and Noble gift cards to supplement his non fiction reading collection. After all, why read fiction when you can read non fiction?
We gave Eddie a Gryffindor robe to celebrate his love of Harry Potter. He has worn it every minute and even slept in it a few times. However, today it is roasting and the robe has come off.
And a Harry Potter wand! Expelliramus!
I made an ice cream cake for Eddie.
Yummy!!
Happy Birthday to my sweet 9 year old!




Happy Bday Eddie! Awesome...I just celebrated too! Have a great school year! (Don't want to jinx things, though) :-)
ReplyDeleteWow before you know Eddie will be going off to college. Time goes by too fast. Love the 1st day of school pics.
ReplyDelete