Thursday, August 28, 2014

Virginia Beach 2014

With summer now over, I wanted to finally share our beach trip pictures
We rented this house in Virginia Beach with Peirce's brothers and sister. 

Isn't it cute? 

The inside of the home had lots of different room for sitting. This awesome DR table held many hours of puzzle making and playing Clue. I didn't realize what a puzzle fiend Stephanie was. She means business!

While we were in town, Eddie purchased a wooden dollhouse kit. He started putting it together and spent hours doing so. He wasn't finished when it was time to leave town, so he rode with it on his lap the entire way back to Baltimore. It is now complete and houses his miniature penguins. I have a future architect on my hands. This is one of many houses we have in our real home. Really, that is the only reason we had to leave our cute city house. Just to make room for more houses.


I told the kids I would purchase them a t-shirt as a souvenir. Ben quickly claimed this shirt which stated "Dark Waters: Virginia Beach" with a huge picture of a shark. He never took it off the rest of the week. As far as Eddie, he declared "I don't do t-shirts." However, he was convinced later in the week to get a shark t-shirt that changed colors in the sunshine. I mean, really how could you pass that up?

One of the highlights of my week was seeing how Gordon convinced Ben to enter the ocean. Ben, who at age six still refuses to go underwater, never really went past the part where you could hop over the waves. He is like his mommy and gets nervous. But, luckily, we had a very calm day and I looked up to see this sweetest picture ever of Uncle Gordon taking Ben further out than he has ever been.

I ran to the shore and saw that Gordon and Tricia (both Ben's godparents by the way) got him up on a boogie board and at the next "wave" Gordon sent Ben forward. 

I basically just stared with my mouth agape and put the camera down, only to realize I missed the entire moment of Ben on the wave and I quickly held the camera up to my eye to get the final shot of him coming on land. I tell you, Gordon, if there was any chance Ben would have gone under water, you would have had a very upset boy and a worried mom. But, you timed it just right and Ben had a blast. Props to you guys!

As far as the big boys, they had their fun too.

Here comes the wave.

Peirce wins!

Wait it's Will! No, it's Gordon! 

The evening sunsets were such a pretty time. I especially liked them because you could go on the beach without wearing sunscreen. 

Not to be outdone by the morning sunrises. 

We were also fortunate enough to have a Super Moon one of the nights we were there. I took a tip from Tricia to try to pose the kids to hold the moon. Cute idea!


And we had a night where Cacky babysat and we all got to dress up and go out. I still say Peirce should run for governor. By the way, he keeps threatening to shave his beard. I say no way. I think the wife should win on this one. Any thoughts?

We are fine looking bunch!

And Cacky aka Grammy V got her pictures with all her grandkids. 

And a picture with her handsome boys. Seriously, not a bad one in the bunch!

Will, Gordon, Peirce and Cacky were able to visit the home which Cacky's mom owned. We went to take pictures outside in front of the house, but the people were gracious enough to also give us a tour of the inside. The boys got to see their favorite table and see the changes made to the place. It was a great remembrance for them. 

After much teasing with Peirce about how I wouldn't like Virginia Beach...how it wasn't "tacky" enough for me like Ocean City, MD, I declare, it was an enjoyable vacation and I would go back one day! Happy honey?


3 comments:

  1. Best.Blog.Ever...Seriously! Thanks, Meg. What a great, great recap of a fun week. Miss you all already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! We had such a great time as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome post this was. Great pictures and storytelling, and how heart warming the story of Ben and me in the ocean was! Makes me smile thinking I had a hand in him embracing and having fun in the ocean. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete