Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy 70th Mom!

On Bastille Day, July 14th, my mom turned 70!


We had a little cake and ice cream here at the house. 




I made my swear by recipe, Hershey's Chocolate Cake. I have made it three times now and it has been great each time. I think this will be my go to from scratch recipe.


And for the fruit lovers, I made a peach cream pie. Yummy on a hot day!




We chatted and sweat on the back porch because this was before we tested our air conditioner unit inside. In this picture from left to right are Peirce, my step bro, Dan and his wife Darian, followed by Jon, husband to my step sis, Sarah, Larry and my mom.


All in all a yummy celebration. I took this picture because at the time I thought it looked like a Better Homes and Garden spread, but I suppose I should've taken the picture before we ate and made a mess of the place. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Cool pie! Send her a happy belated birthday!

    ~Zoe~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom sure doesn't look 70.As lovely a lady as you are!

    ReplyDelete