Eddie turned 8 years old yesterday. I'm thrilled about that because I have been calling him 8 for the past year now, so at least now my mouth can catch up with my mind. He had a party last Saturday. Apparently, you needed to be a little boy with brown hair to be invited.
The boys had fun in the yard and then settled down for pizza. Peirce just went ahead and gave Eddie the whole box. Who are we kidding? This boy is MY son.
After lunch, Eddie created a scavenger hunt. The boys had to look around the yard for two pictures of penguins.
Ben had his own search in the garden for letter B's.
Eddie helped everyone along if they needed hints.
Then it was time for penguin ice cream cones. This was after we put Ivory soap in the microwave to make penguin snow and icebergs. Google it. It was way cool and a cheap way to entertain kids for half an hour.
Next was present time! Do you think Eddie's friends know what animal is his favorite?
Thanks for coming boys! You were loud and noisy, but very sweet and you are welcome back anytime.
Once everyone left, Eddie decided to dive into another gift which was a Mars rock dig complete with rover and rocks from Mars. Or so the box says.
This week, was Eddie's actual birthday. I wanted to send something in for the kids, but the teacher warned me that the school nurse doesn't really want any homemade treats because of allergies. So, I came up with a cute idea that was still school related. I was hoping the kids would still think I was a cool mom though. After all, I'm new at this school and must impress from the get go. When I dropped Eddie off at school that morning, I could see kids staring at his box of favors, so after talking with random kids, I realized I did ok and got kid approval.
After school, Poppy and Grammy came over with some home baked Eddie requested Grammy cookies. Boy were they good! I wonder if Eddie will let me have a second one today.
They also presented Eddie with the hit gift....a robot that he found in a catalog. Unfortunately, after all the box opening, it was missing its manual, so we contacted the company and it is on its way. Perhaps I can program it to bring me a beer while I watch the Ravens game. Or better yet, cook dinner.
We did family presents after a Pizza Hut dinner. Ben gave Eddie a penguin school folder.
And we loaded Eddie up with lots of cool books.
In fact, Eddie wanted to dive right into reading, so he ate his blondie as he read. He also got a penguin water bottle and some space models.
Happy Birthday my dear Eddie. We love you lots and wish you much happiness as an 8 year old!



Nice birthday! I hope you can program the robot to bring me some dogs. Ha-ha. Happy 8th, Eddie!
ReplyDeleteZoe