Friday, July 19, 2013

A chance encounter

I was at the doctor getting my weekly allergy shot. 
She was downstairs waiting for the eye doctor.
I was born in 1974. 
She was born in 1916.
I like to give hugs and kisses.
So does she.
I love my Nanny and the chance encounter I had with her at the doctor office.

I was leaving the medical building and walked into the lobby and there sat my dad who as he said never comes inside. He usually waits in the car for a while while she is in the office. But, I spotted him and knew I might get to see Nanny. So, we opened up the doctor's office door and lucky for us (not for her...the doctor was running late), she was still in the waiting room. Ben ran to give her a hug. Even though we see her every week, maybe this was a bit special for her. It may have helped her to get over that loooonnng wait in the waiting room. Nothing like seeing a familiar face to put a smile on yours. It put a smile on all of ours.



1 comment:

  1. Tears in my eyes. I had not been in that building in about 3 years and yes indeed, "a chance encounter."

    ReplyDelete