Today was the first day of school for us. New house, new school. We were all feeling a bit nervous and excited, but I was probably the most nervous. Eddie is in third grade and Ben started kindergarten.
This morning, Ben woke up, got dressed and came downstairs with a smile on his face. He was ready to go! He was organizing his backpack and fixing his lunch box. He didn't need it though as we were only there for an hour and I got to stay today. I managed to sign up to volunteer in his classroom during that hour though.
There were some butterflies the night before with Eddie, but he slept well.
We walked to school which is such a treat now that we aren't driving 20 minutes one way anymore. When we got into the lobby, he broke down in tears because he wasn't sure where his classroom was. But, I reassured him that he did know and to just go straight down the hallway. Finally, he took off and didn't look back. It wasn't exactly the emotional goodbye I thought it would be. We didn't even get our goodbye kiss. But, later we snuck down and peeked in on his class who was sitting quietly and respectfully. Eddie turned back and gave a wave to Peirce and whew! We were reassured he arrived in his classroom in one piece with a smile on his face.
At pickup, Eddie bounded out of school with a smile on his face and talked the whole way home about his day! What a treat! I hope there is more to come.
And once I get on a schedule, I hope there is more to come with the blog. I have a few "old" things of summer to share with you, so stay tuned.



So glad Eddie had a smile when he came out of school.I think all will be well there.And Ben will proably smile the whole year. Do you think that they have enough shoe laces on their tennie's?
ReplyDelete2 little fellas following in their Mom's footsteps at Relay Elementary. We are so happy that both Eddie and Ben were happy being in their new school. Eddie looks very different not wearing the blue uniform of Our Lady of Victory. Good luck Eddie and Ben!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, wow. Eddie is in third, Ben is in kindergarten. How is it so far? You know kindergarten is a new chapter in life. I hope he likes it!
ReplyDeleteHow is third for Eddie? He now officially gets to do all the big kid stuff!
-Zoe