Last week, I got to go out for a girls night at the Orioles game! I was super excited because my friend, Sabine, http://macgilltimes.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-smile-is-everything.html, invited a couple of us to go to the game before she left to go back to Austria. I was even more thrilled because I knew her husband had season tickets in the second row behind the visitor dugout. I was giddy with excitement all day.
We arrived and as usual, I made us stop to take a picture.
Then, Sabine had heard from her husband to get Boog's BBQ for dinner. Boog Powell is a former first basemen for the Baltimore Orioles. He retired from baseball in 1977. Nowadays, you can find him at Camden Yards manning his famous bbq booth and giving out autographs.
I still was a kid in a candy shop before we got to our seats (You would think I'd never been to a game before, but you have to remember, I love baseball and I love the Orioles even more!) So, I made us stop next to some of the new statues that are now gracing the ballpark. This is Eddie Murray, #33. We named our firstborn after him....and his grandfather.
Next up, #8 himself, Cal Ripken, Jr. Yikes, I got caught in his glove.
Finally, Meg let everyone sit down. Check it out two rows behind the dugout! Seriously, I would have made a fool of myself if we were behind the Orioles dugout, so in this case, I only made a semi fool of myself since I didn't know too many of the Cleveland Indians players.
But, we were oh so lucky to be next to Manny Machado at third base. He is only 20 years old and oh so fun to watch.
Nick Markakis hit a home run! I managed to steady the camera amidst my cheering.
And my favorite player came to the plate....first baseman #19 Chris Davis. He reminds me of a long ago player named Mickey Tettleton who was all biceps and had great power.
And he is too cute if you ask me.
When I sat down, this girl, two seats down, was holding a big cutout of Davis' face. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I got to glance over at that all night.
But first, I needed to take some pictures for Ben. His favorite player is centerfielder, #10, Adam Jones.
Witness the socks of Ben's uniform.
And as icing on the cake, the girl with the orange hair two seats down from us was fan of the game! Anyone that wears an orange wig on a 90 degree night deserves to win it. She held up her big Chris Davis head and sign and we all cheered. And we all made it on the Jumbotron!
Unfortunately, the Orioles lost the game that night, but I was still happy to be a part of it all!



No comments:
Post a Comment