Last weekend, we had a party for my friend, Sabine. Sabine (white shirt below) is originally from Austria and is going back to settle "for good." Sabine's daughter is Eddie's age and they have been in the same school. We all know Sabine from church. This is a picture of us rosary ladies minus a couple that couldn't come. Do we look old with gray hair? Not quite yet. I think we are a good looking bunch. We get together once a month and drink some wine and pray the rosary. Always a good combo. I am very fortunate to have these women in my life. So many nights have gone by and I haven't felt like going and then boom, you are with these girls and you are uplifted. Wherever two or more are gathered in His name..
We will miss Sabine being here, but she will still be with us in spirit on our special rosary nights. When I asked her how she felt about moving back for good, she said she doesn't believe in true goodbyes because you never know where life may end up. They will keep their house in Baltimore and perhaps be back for a visit, but otherwise, she would see where life goes. I think I need to take that to heart. It is a beautiful way of thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment