Monday, March 28, 2011

Monte Carlo night


This past Saturday, we went to our church fundraiser. It was Monte Carlo on the Peninsula. (the peninsula being South Baltimore). It was a fancy ticket price for a fancy evening. We had a great time with friends and neighbors. There was food, drink, gambling, prizes. Even though we didn't win the $10,000 prize, Peirce won a bottle of wine as one of the door prizes and I won a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant. Not too shabby!

Getting ready to go out felt like we were going to the prom. I was able to wear a bridesmaid dress from that I wore in my friend Susan's wedding. Susan and Justin will be married 10 years this year! It was great to finally have that dress that "you can wear again." I think I definitely can! And thank goodness that Peirce gave me the perfect necklace last Christmas that went with it perfectly.

It was a fun time. Unfortunately, we felt like Cinderella because we had to leave the ball just a tad bit early to race home to the babysitter. We were already a half hour late and it was a late night. Luckily, home was only 2 blocks away and my little heels did just fine on the city sidewalks.


Peirce, Meg, April, David, Jenny and John.

1 comment:

  1. You look like you are going to the ball.Isn't it great after 2 children to get into a 10 year old dress!!Glad you had fun and won something. You are a beautiful couple if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete