Friday, March 4, 2011

Iffy Week

This week started off a bit "iffy." A couple of not such great things happened at the start.

Monday, I received in the mail, my first ever speeding ticket. Caught on camera coming home after dropping Eddie off at school. I was going 42 in a 30. Peirce was caught at the same camera as were two of our friends. At least we all learned to go slow through that intersection now and don't ever run a red light or you will also get caught as Peirce did.
As you read on my previous post, I was very excited to get Eddie's penguin purse on Tuesday. But, when I went to the Science Center gift shop, they were sold out! My heart sunk to levels I didn't know it could go. I asked about ordering it and they said it would take two weeks. I was definitely feeling blue about Eddie not receiving it after he had worked so hard all month to not cry at school. But, I decided to purchase a Rockhopper penguin in its place and told Eddie they were sold out of the purse. He's a cute little addition to our house though.

Luckily, he did fine. That's one good thing about Eddie, he can usually roll with whatever comes his way. He chooses to have his meltdowns about other things....more on that in a minute.

On Wednesday morning, Peirce went out to take the trash out and.... (disgusting disclaimer, stop reading if you are grossed out easily), he found a rat stuck to the fence between our yard and our neighbors. ICK! City living at its best. The thing could not get away. Needless to say, the trash did not get put out and I spent the morning tracking down our neighbor to boldly come help us out of this predicament....which he did. I won't go into gory details, but it wasn't pretty. And HE put the trash out.

Things turned around on Thursday though. I got to read a couple of books to Eddie's class in the morning (and he didn't cry when I left). Then, I took both boys to the dentist in the afternoon. All three of us were getting cleanings (and apparently, I need my head examined for doing this all at the same time). This was Ben's first time, so I wasn't sure what I would get. Ben actually volunteered to go first, but once that paper napkin bib went around his neck, the tears started and he was onto us. So, I went first, then Eddie and then when it was Ben's turn he did fine as I laid there holding him on my lap. I was very very proud of my boys. They each earned a toy from the dentist prize box (bubbles) and they tore into them when we got home. Eddie's bubbles spilled and a meltdown ensued. See? The kid still has meltdowns. This one was like 20 minutes. He earned those bubbles so much. I did feel bad for him. But, before that happened, I managed to get a fresh faced, clean teethed smile in the car. Nothing cuter.

1 comment:

  1. Slow down. The rats aren't going anywhere stuck in the fence.

    ReplyDelete