Looking back, I'm thankful I had to use my imagination and wasn't that icky Barbie mask. I feel like we buy too many costumes nowadays instead of making something. This year, I made Eddie's penguin costume of which I was very proud. But, I was equally grateful that I had Ben's handmedown which I didn't have to make. Maybe all this will somehow rub off on me and next year I will get in the spirit. But I can tell you, a Barbie is no longer my calling.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Halloween
Hello all. Here's our Halloween picture this year. I must admit, I'm not a big halloween girl and it isn't my favorite holiday. I feel like it always creeps up on me and I never know how to dress the kids and then I just forget about myself (which I secretly am thankful for since I don't like the holiday). All this "resentment" stems from my childhood of course. Year after year, I would traipse up into our huge awesome attic to come up with something to be for halloween. My memories of past costumes are a bum, a gypsy, Carmen Miranda (which my mom rocked at making me a fruit hat), and a cheerleader. I really do wonder which years I'm missing in my memory since I only remember these four costumes. But what I DO remember is craving one of those icky plastic costumes with the plastic mask and the paper/plastic gown. I really wanted to be a pink Barbie. And I KNOW this stems from the fact that we were not allowed Barbies in my house. I didn't realize this until I was grown up, but I did always have to go to friend's houses to play with Barbies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment