Monday, August 16, 2010

This past weekend, Peirce's mom treated us to a weekend in Wilmington, DE. Each summer, we try to have a weekend that we book in advance so we can all meet up so this was the location this year. We had a great time and couldn't have asked for better weather. We stayed at the Homewood Suites which was really nice because it had two rooms. We could put Ben and Eddie behind closed doors and still have the place to ourselves.

On Friday, we swam in the hotel pool, then went out for dinner. Peirce's coworker is from Wilmington, so she told us about this cool place to go. It is called The Charcoal Pit and it opened in 1956. Peirce and I went halvsies on a burger and a cheesesteak (complete with cheese wiz). Then we all got sundaes and Peirce got an ice cream cake. The prices were incredibly affordable. I think we only ate for $25 and we were stuffed!

Saturday, we went to Brandywine State Park for picnic and play. Cacky had researched where to go, so we headed out and took games, chairs, blankets, etc. We got lucky and had a pavilion all to ourselves and set up camp. The weather was so gorgeous! I took Eddie and Ben back to the room for naps and I had time to read my book. That evening, we all went downtown for dinner at a restaurant on the river. I took this picture of the handsome Macgill boys. Lookin' good boys!

On Sunday, we checked out and went to Winterthur, the former home of Henry DuPont. It was huge! You take a tram or walk a lot to get around. We went to the children's garden and part of the museum. I forgot my camera, so unfortunately, won't be showing you any of those cool pictures later. The place was beautiful and without my kids in tow, I would have loved to have spent more time there, but sadly, they kinda cramped my style. :-) We left there and got on the road in the rain and traffic and arrived back in Baltimore in time to send Eddie off on a camping trip with my mom and Larry.

Thanks Cacky for a wonderful weekend! We had a fun time!

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of my boys. We did have a good time and Mother Nature could not have been kinder to us.

    ReplyDelete