Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hi there

Hi there everyone. I hope you all are surviving this heat. Is this getting old or what? There are definitely pros and cons to all the seasons, but one of the things I miss the most about not having in the summer is a cup of hot tea. A cup or two always warms my insides, relaxes me, and seems to make all life ok. In the meantime, I'm just drinking up water and my new favorite aspartame filled Walmart brand fruit punch. Can't get enough of that stuff. Need to start weaning myself.

We went to Ocean City last weekend, just the four of us. It was a real treat to get away by ourselves. It was so leisurely and relaxing. We seemed to be perfectly in sync as a family. Very nice. We got to use my step mom's family's house which is about 10 minutes outside of Ocean City in Ocean Pines, MD. Unfortunately, it is on the market, but Peirce and I are quietly hoping it doesn't sell. Hee hee. Sorry Dad.

Last night, we got to see Stephanie, Peirce's sister. She is working in DC this month for an internship and is working on her masters in Public Adminstration in Reno, NV. It was great to see her and catch up. Every time she comes to visit us, we pick her up at the train station so yesterday, Eddie asked, "Why does Aunt Stephanie always ride trains? Does she have a car?"
But, they love to go to the station to pick her up. That's for sure.

Eddie had a playdate today at his friend's house. I forgot how quiet and wonderful life in the house can be with just one child having all the toys to himself. I keep thinking I'm going to shed many a tear when Eddie goes off to kindergarten, but I'm sure I'll quickly adjust to having a bit more peace in the house. In the meantime, I need to start saving my money for the uniforms we need to buy. The silly school makes you buy from a certain place and the shirts must have the school logo on them. Yikes. One shirt is nearly $20. Although, I do laundry often enough that maybe I can get away with only two or three. Then again, I'm not very good at all with getting stains out, so my laundry skills are not the best. Maybe I better invest in just a couple more to be safe.

1 comment:

  1. The Macgills sound like a very fortunate family.

    ReplyDelete