This month of August, we have been watching my sister's dog, Annabelle. She has become the only dog I like. (except for the fur part) She's pretty easy to take care of and more like a cat in her demeanor. She does have to bark her head off when you come in the door, but after that, she just wants to sit and have you pet her. And the best part is that she doesn't lick which is key to why we like her. Annabelle is now 12 years old and a couple weeks ago, she had a seizure which frightened me so bad. She's been doing fine ever since, but I vowed I would take more pictures of her. She goes back to live with Whitney in early September when they officially can move back into their old house. (They have to wait for their renters to move out).
In the meantime, it is summer in the city and one regular on our street is the ice cream truck, Miss Twist to be exact. She comes faithfully every evening, usually around 6:30 when we are putting the kids to bed. Lucky for that or we might be broke. She was featured in The Baltimore Sun on the front page two weeks ago and Peirce found her story online. Here's a video of her and how she became who she is.
I went to purchase Eddie's last official school supplies at his school today. I found a used winter gym uniform for him which was $5 for a sweatshirt and $5 for the sweatpants. And he had to purchase his napping mat for $25. Do you see a trend? Catholic school is going to be fun, haha. The cool part is he got to pick out his mat which came in various choices. He chose the astronaut looking one which is pretty cool considering his birthday party has a space theme. Now if only I can figure out what kind of cake I'm making. Or buying....it depends how lazy I'm feeling!
No comments:
Post a Comment