We had a nice (and very hot) weekend last weekend. Our friends, Todd and Emily and son, Jeb, age 3, came up from Richmond on Saturday to visit with us. We went to Federal Hill, had lunch, got a cookie at the market, came home for a rest, then went to Fort McHenry for a walk. Thank goodness the breeze was blowing on the water which helped cool our sweaty bodies. Afterwards, we watched the US/Ghana World Cup game, (boo hoo), had some dinner and sat on the deck to watch trains and boats and various other things up there.
On Sunday morning, Eddie and I ran a race! I ran the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K which runs from the harbor area down past our house and back. Boy was it tempting not to turn onto Lowman Street before I hit Mile 2. But, I labored on and had a really nice race after all. I felt great and was pleased that my body held up. (read bunion and bad back...age is rapidly creeping up on me!) A little while later, Eddie ran the Kids Fun Run. It was probably about a 50 meter dash, but he loved it and got a medal. "Did I win?" he kept asking. "Because I got a medal. Did I win?" Peirce told him he got a medal because he ran fast and everyone that ran fast got a medal. That answer seemed to suffice.
Today, Eddie is off camping with my mom and Larry. They went cabin camping this time for a night at Elk Neck State Park which is about an hour north of here. There is a beach and they plan on doing some hiking. Eddie was so excited to go. I'm enjoying the respite too because all I seem to do lately is break up fights or feed people food. I really do think I have the two hungriest children on the planet. I don't get it. Ben is in a constant state of "whine". He sees me and just loses it. It makes my days long and trying. We are still waiting on two more molars to come in, so I'm hoping that is what is driving this. Or he's two. Or he just doesn't like his mommy and wants to make my day miserable. Not sure which excuse is winning today, but if you know the reason, please fill me in.
I am going to go with he wants to make his Mom's day miserable. This too will pass or at least you can hope that it does. If not you could put him out on the sidewalk and maybe someone will pick him up or send him to Richmond!
ReplyDelete