Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July 2010




Hello everyone. Hope you had a very nice Fourth of July. It sure was hot, but I know we are all experiencing an even worse heatwave this week.

This past weekend, we stayed very busy. But, it was all within two miles of our house. It was great. On Saturday morning, Peirce took Ben to the pool. Eddie and I went to the Baltimore Museum of Industry and toured around. I purchased a membership and since it is right near our house, I hope to take the kids there every now and then. On Saturdays, they also hold a farmers market there and Eddie and I bought a couple things, including some fresh ice cream. Yum. After that, we went to the library and cashed in our summer reading list for some cool prizes. Then, it was home for a nap! We finished out the day with some friends coming over and hanging out in the lot. The kids raced and played ball and got nice and tired. We ordered pizza and had cold drinks. Very relaxing.

On Sunday morning, we went to the Pet Parade at the American Visionary Arts Museum. This is one of my favorite museums in the city. Every piece of artwork has such an interesting story, whether the artist be afflicted with a mental illness, in prison, or elderly. It really is eye opening. The museum is very quirky and every year they hold this pet parade where you walk around the block and parade your pet up to the stage to get them to do a trick. I have some video which I hope to post later. We then came home from that for another nap. We lucked out with Eddie napping this weekend! I told him he had to nap if he wanted to stay up for fireworks.

After naps, we went to our friends' house a couple blocks away for a party on their rooftop deck. It was a lovely party. Great food, friends and views. I made the star spangled fruit tart for the party. We hung out for a few hours, then went home to watch fireworks on our deck. It never gets old having the view we do. It amazes us every year.

Monday morning, we woke up, the boys were fighting like cats and dogs and life was back to normal. It sure was a fun weekend though and I didn't even have to drive more than a couple miles to do it all.

1 comment:

  1. That's the great part of living in the city!

    ReplyDelete