

Yesterday, our family got word that my dad's cousin's son, Sgt. Brandon Bury, was killed in Afghanistan serving his third tour with the USMC. He was 27 years old, a husband and father of two boys, ages 1 and 3. This is incredibly sad news for our family. I know so many families struggle with war and death and this time it has really hit home. I'm including a couple pictures of him for you to see his gorgeous smile. He is standing with my aunt and godmother on the lower picture.
On a side note, my dad's family is a bit interesting in the set up. My dad's mother (Nanny, age 93) married Edward Bury. One of Nanny's sisters also married a Bury, Edward's brother. So....two sisters married two brothers. As a young boy, my dad really enjoyed being around all his cousins and they really have tight bonds which carry through to this day.
Thank you Brandon for your commitment to our country. You and your family have made the ultimate sacrifice.
How sad. May God Bless You for your service Brandon. RIP.
ReplyDeleteGod bless Brandon and his family and God bless the USA.
ReplyDeleteBrandon even though I didn't know you, I thank you for your service and dedication to this country. I'm sure you can add sainthood to your list of "medals." Rest in Peace.
ReplyDelete