Wow, what a busy weekend. On Friday, Eddie had his last day of preschool. I cried like a baby when I dropped him off for the last time. Then cried again when his teacher, Miss LuAnn, gave her speech thanking all the parents. I'm going to do real well the first day of kindergarten!
On Saturday, the community pool opened. This year, we purchased a membership. They only have a certain number of bonds and Peirce was thrilled that one became available. I wasn't too happy about having to somehow split myself in two while I watch Eddie in the big pool and Ben in the baby pool, but I'm sure I'll make it work. Since Ben isn't potty trained, he is banished to the baby pool. Just another stage in our lives. I'm sure next year might be a bit more relaxing. Or not. In the meantime, I must admit, I am enjoying it.
So, we went to the pool twice on Saturday and then Peirce took the boys on Sunday afternoon. I went to the movies to see Sex in the City 2. It was such a great girlie escape. I know it didn't get rave reviews, but I loved every minute of it. Shows you how desperate I was for a chick flick! My friend and I got yummy snowballs afterward too. Yeah Arbutus, MD! Home to me growing up and now one of Peirce's revitalization districts with his job.
On Monday, back to the pool we went for an hour in the morning. (have to get our money's worth!) Then, later in the day a couple friends and their families came over. You'll be happy to know we even turned on the air conditioning for our socializing. I was definitely a happy camper once that cool air started blowing. We cooked out, the husbands sat on the roof top deck, the kids played in the lot across the street and we all sat in the shade. It was a relaxing day.
Summer has officially arrived and I think it will be a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment