Thursday, January 14, 2010

Phoenix a No-Go

Looks like I won't be heading to Phoenix after all. Eddie has had a fever for the past two days. It has been a nasty fever. He lays around and sleeps all day and won't even walk. I've been carrying him everywhere. Today, we went to the doctor and she signed a form that he cannot travel. I'm going to submit this to the insurance company. When I booked our flight on Orbitz, I purchased additional insurance for trip cancellation because we have had quite a track record with having to cancel fun things because of our kids being sick.

I'm sad I won't be spending time with Peg and Larry in the cool campground in Mesa (yes, spring training home of the Cubs). I'm bummed I won't be running the Rock and Roll half marathon that I trained months for. I'm bummed I'll be out some money.

But, on the up side, we still all have our health and money is only money in the big scheme of things. I'm glad I have loving family that is there for us whenever we need them. And now I don't have to wake up in the morning and go for a run. I'll try to "sleep in" which I'm sure I'll need since Eddie is already in our bed tonight. Get well Eddie.

1 comment:

  1. And don't forget the other up side-you and Peirce get to watch the game together. Go Ravens,oh yeah go Colts. I can't show favoritism!

    ReplyDelete