Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dentist Time

Today, Eddie and I were due to go to the dentist for our semi-annual cleaning. I pretty much dislike the dentist, but I do my best to stay strong because I have to force a four year old to also go to the dentist without having a meltdown. And of course, the hygenist always has to tell me I need to floss more (anyone reading this ever NOT been told that?? Maybe Gordon) AND I need to floss Eddie's teeth. I'm sorry, but I have bigger fish to fry right now than floss my kid's teeth.

I had talked up the dentist, told Eddie we had to eat a quick lunch, brush our teeth and get ready to go. Ben and Eddie were bundled up in the car. We turned the corner down the street from our house and I realized I never got the dreaded reminder phone call from the dental office. I pulled over to look at my calendar only to realize it is tomorrow, not today! For once, I was bummed about not going to the dentist because now I get to be anxious all over again in 24 hours. Sometimes you just want to get it over with.

3 comments:

  1. You are right they always tell you to floss. I never flossed my kids teeth so if any of them are good at doing it they didn't get it from me Gordon. Hope all goes well and there are no meltdowns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Eddie had this planned to delay the trip to the dentist. Ay least you didn't have to go to Towson and turn around for a wasted trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice cheap shot on me!!

    ReplyDelete