Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Money in Money Out

I took Eddie to school Monday morning. I was feeling happy about living in the city and having so many amenities close by, so I decided to go to CVS about a block from his school. I needed to withdraw some money and with our credit unions, there are only select ATMs that let you do this. I parked on Charles Street which is a main drag in Federal Hill. I decided to run in without paying the meter since it was Monday morning and just about 8:00. Did meter maids really start this early? Well, after dilly dallying in the store a bit, I came out to find yup, a meter maid in her car pulling away from mine. "UGH!" I yelled to Ben who looked at me like I was crazy. I checked the ticket. Gulp! $42! But, I just went into the store to take money OUT, not give it back to the city for my own mistake. And I was just saying how happy I was to be living in the city. Go figure.

Anyway, after looking at the ticket, I realized I wasn't ticketed for not paying a meter. I was ticketed because Monday between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. is street cleaning on Charles Street. I guess living in the city has the pros and cons. Glad they didn't take my car away as a piece of trash. I've learned my lesson. Park around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Look it as a way to keep down the property tax rate of Baltimore City. Or, a contribution to the defense fund for Mayor Sheila Dixon.

    ReplyDelete