We went to JMU a couple weekends ago to meet up with friends and go to the football game.
We stay in Winchester with Polly and John. This is an annual tradition and one Polly has deemed "the most wonderful day of the year." I would have to agree!
All week long leading up to the tailgate, the weather forecast was bad. I mean, bad. Like rain ALL day and no chance of even seeing the sky.
This year we had the awesome addition of Rod and Pam coming down from New Jersey. Luckily, they stopped on the way and bought another canopy to add to the mix. We now had two canopies and at least a place to hide from the rain.
I admit, I was freaking out about the impending forecast, Because after all, I purchased awful yellow nail polish this year and did this.
And we added our 1996 photo to our centerpiece. Sorry Alice couldn't join us this year, but hopefully soon!
Polly got a friend to make these little cupcakes. Adorable.
And Pam contributed these yummy purple and gold sweets.
And I made a birthday cake for the birthdays celebrated on the 12th, 13th, and 18th. The PRP stands for Polly, Rod, and Peirce. And my 41 and 96 were the laughing stock of the day, but I had to put something on the cake. They were all 41 years old and we graduated in 1996.
Here is the happy birthday crew.
Now mind you the weather by some miracle turned out ok. The rain held off and truly, we all could not believe it. This allowed the kids to run and play. I even tried to build a pyramid with them. They collapsed a lot, but I did manage to make it happen and get the best picture ever.
Now it was off to the game where the Dukes rolled over Lehigh. And of course the Marching Royal Dukes played their halftime show which is my favorite part.
We sat up high this year, but the view was cool.
Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Madison (aka Polly and Peirce) for organizing a great day!
Polly was right...the most wonderful day of the year!

What a wonderful tradition and one that your children will have great memories of (I am into memories). Looks like you all had nothing to eat but sweet stuff. Great pictures of a great looking bunch of kids. I seem to use the word great a lot!
ReplyDeleteGrammy V
PS Also a great picture of a great looking bunch of adults.
ReplyDelete