Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fall Fun

This has been a busy fall. Fall always is, it seems. Back to routine, but the routine seems to fill in every free space of time you had. 


One weekend while Peirce was away, I took the boys to Martin State Airport which is in Essex, MD. They had an Open Cockpit Day which basically means you could climb in all sorts of aircraft. We have been to Big Truck Day when everyone was younger, but this seemed to take it up a notch. 



















We took a shuttle bus to the tarmac and they had all the aircraft lined up with signs in front of each one telling you about the aircraft. One of these two planes was like the one from Top Gun, but I can't remember. 

Other than flying airplanes, we have been busy with school and soccer. 


Ben has been playing soccer and having a fun season. He has practice one night a week and games on Saturday mornings.


Eddie and a group from his class were chosen to the do the morning announcements in September. They do it on a tv screen complete with two cameras and everything. Pretty impressive.


Then came Halloween, which seemed to last a full week. It started off with Trunk or Treat at our church on a Sunday. My dad and Kathy decorated their trunk in a penguin theme. This year there was a pumpkin decorating contest. Ben painted his pumpkin as a Minion.


Eddie decorated his pumpkin as...wait for it....a penguin! He actually won 2nd place in the contest. 


And for the first time in 40 years, I was happy with my Halloween costume. Remember, Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I pretty much do it all begrudgingly. But, for some reason, I was drawn to Rosie the Riveter this year. After going to the airport mentioned above and seeing her image in the museum talking about how the women did such great work during the war, I thought...hmmm, maybe I can pull that off with minimal cost and effort!


Sure enough, I think it turned out really cute. The only thing I had to purchase was the denim shirt from a thrift store and the headband from the craft store. I was comfortable and warm for a party we went to in the neighborhood.


Later in the week, we went to a Trunk or Treat at our school. The line to get candy was long and got only longer. They allowed 4 to 5 kids to enter at a time, which actually was a good thing because it kept chaos from ensuing.


This year, Ben was Anakin Skywalker. And Eddie was Harry Potter. I gave them both scars on their faces. 


And Peirce was Darth Vader and I was just.....me. After all, I rallied to dress up once this  year.  Happy Fall everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment