This week, there was an art show and reception at our local library. It featured artwork by the children of our elementary school. One day when I was substitute teaching, I introduced myself to the art teacher and told her how much Eddie liked art. She said, "He is a great artist. Look at this rainforest picture he did. I'm thinking of putting it in a show."
I never heard another word and of course, didn't bother to ask what she meant by "a show." A few weeks later, I saw a flyer that there would be an art show that evening. We braved the cold temps, I kept on my sweats and we went to the library. Low and behold, it did get chosen to be on display at the library for one week. A limited time engagement. Come one! Come all! See it while you can!
Eddie was surprised and excited to see that one of his pieces of art was chosen to be on display for third grade. They had a little reception of cookies and juice. I was a proud momma and took my camera just in case. After all, if he becomes rich and famous, I can now say I have pictures of his first show and reception. I couldn't believe he actually drew these animals. Note the foreground, mid ground and background. That's what Eddie told me to do. Just passing it along.
I am in shock that my child likes art. It caused me such anxiety all throughout my school years. Not sure why I had such dread of it. Thank goodness I don't dread it as an adult.
Eddie was given a certificate and was off to check out some books. Congratulations!
Congratulations Eddie!!!
ReplyDeleteYour art is WONDERFUL!!!
I especially like the bright, vibrant colors.
Love from Grandpop and Grandmom
Congrats! My artwork was in the county art show once. Great feeling. Cool rain forest picture!
ReplyDeleteEddie, we are so proud of you. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete