Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas recap




Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I have been remiss in my blogging, so will give you a Christmas day update.


We started out doing a craft night at school the week before Christmas. It put us in the Christmas spirit for a Christmas tree.


So we got a real one. We totally didn't have enough lights this year. We have never had a big tree before, but we made do. (And recently purchased some 50% off on the Christmas clearance rack for next year.)


The stockings were hung by the chimney with care. I attempted to decorate a wreath this year, but only got halfway through it and decided to hang it anyway.


Ben made reindeer food at school. This is the first I had heard of it. I think there were oats inside.


So he sprinkled that before bed on the front lawn.


The morning of was relaxed and the boys were very patient. Eddie definitely got the patience gene when it comes to waiting for good things to come. Luckily, he woke up first and laid in bed with us for an hour before Ben woke up. If it had been the other way around, there would have been 20 questions about when we were going downstairs. 


The boys got new robes to keep them warm. They usually shower downstairs and the walk upstairs can be quite cold and chilly!


One of Eddie's favorite gifts was a Doodle Your Day book. Each day in the year the book gives you something to doodle. A dream come true!


And Ben really wanted a Hot Wheels track. Success!

One of my favorite gifts is laying on the ground in front of Ben. It is a pack of solar lights to install on our treacherous front walk up to our door. Since I have absolutely no night vision (ask Peirce), I desperately need these.


And Peirce's favorite gifts were his Pearl Jam concert posters framed and ready to hang in our den. I just have to put the wire on the back and need my friend to give me a quick lesson on that. 


After we got dressed and hung around the house for a bit, we visited Nanny at the rehab facility. We sat with her a while and opened gifts.


She is now out of there and at my dad and Kathy's house where they are taking good care of her. We are waiting on a room at an assisted living facility.

The day after Christmas I took off for Arizona and Peirce headed to New Jersey to celebrate with family. I hope to recap that soon.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Christmas pictures. I've been waiting for them. Your tree looks great and Nanny is beautiful as always.Loved being with the boys after Christmas but missed you.

    ReplyDelete