GO RAVENS!!!!! Congratulations on winning the Super Bowl! We are so psyched here in Baltimore!
We had some yummy treats on Super Bowl Sunday.
Peanut butter chocolate rice krispie treats.
Peanut butter cookies with chocolate icing.
And for the grownups, Peirce had us celebrate New Orleans style with some hurricanes. Yummy!
The stars were aligned as our wonderful Ravens won! Seriously, this potato chip came out of the bag looking like that. It still sits on our table uneaten. I think we should shellac it. Oh by the way, there was plenty of real food too. I just didn't feel the need to take a picture of it.
Peirce and his Mini-Me celebrated in their Joe Flacco jerseys!
A neighbor brought over some purple dress ups. No, this is not what happens after too many hurricanes.
Two days later, a parade was held downtown to welcome the team and the trophy back to Baltimore!
Ben and I went and waited for them to come by.
The office buildings had signs in the windows. I had my camera ready, but then realized Ben couldn't see a thing b/c we were rows deep, so I had to hoist him in one arm (over 40 lbs.) and hold my camera with a very heavy zoom lens in my other hand hoping I didn't shake too much because I only had one finger to steady it!
And now for you out of towners, you might not know who these people are, but these are some of our favorite players in Baltimore......#20 Ed Reed!!!!! There is a t-shirt that I saw on the Ocean City boardwalk that had my favorite line ever: Two thirds of the earth is covered by water. The other third is covered by Ed Reed. So excited he had an interception during the Super Bowl!
#88 Dennis Pitta.....caught one touch down pass the night of the Super Bowl. And may I say he is oh so cute. (the one with his hand in his pocket....also one of the few that did not have a camera in his hand, as did Joe Flacco who didn't even look to the side because he was looking at his camera the whole time, hence my not having a good picture of him)
#82 Torrey Smith! (grey sweatshirt up front) and the trophy!!! Both of which are oh so good looking!
And the finale of the parade.....it's getting hot in here.....#52 Rayyyyyyy Lewis! Unfortunately, his back was to me the whole time and by the time I threw Ben down on the dirty Baltimore pavement to steady my camera hand, I missed the shot. Sorry Ben, but there are priorities.
I think he was a little upset on the walk home. Nah, he's just putting on his best Ravens face.
But, then broke down in tears on the walk because he was tired. I like to think it is because Ray Lewis is retiring, but that is just me.
CONGRATULATIONS RAVENS!!! BALTIMORE LOVES YOU!!!!

Thanks for taking us to the parade and game day party through your bog and photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the pictures and review. I swear I knew they were going to win. They had such momentum going into that game-although they did try to scare us!
ReplyDeleteLove the Ravens emblem...great bday gift from long ago. Glad you guys still had it. Awesome pics of the parade too!! Lucky dogs.
ReplyDelete