We went to Winchester, VA last weekend to visit our friends Polly and John. It felt good to escape the house and not have to worry about keeping it tidy over the weekend. On our drive back, we got a call that we had an offer. We decided to think about it since it had a little glitch. The next morning, we got a call that someone definitely wanted to see the house that day and low and behold a couple hours later, we got a second offer! 7 days to the day it went on the market! 14 showings total!
I went to the realtor's office to sign the paperwork on Tuesday and now we will wait for the appraisal and home inspection. I'm not too excited about either of those, so once they "pass" I might start to celebrate. This weekend, we are pounding the pavement to find a house. With this contract, we will need to be out by May 10, so that gives us a little extra buffer time, but I'm hoping we can find a new home soon. Can't wait to have you visit, wherever that may be!
That's so exciting! Fingers crossed with the final details, and I hope you guys find a great new house! Keep us "posted" (haha, that is a really bad blog joke :)
ReplyDelete