Ben turned five years old on January 28th. He was very excited to do so! On the flip side, upon turning five, you are no longer allowed to bring your "tickles" outside of your room. Ben's tickles help him live and breathe. They are little knit blankets my mother made for him when he was just a baby. As he grew to suck his thumb, he got a few more tickles and now he has five. As you see, they were everywhere.
In the car
In the living room
Walking around the kitchen
No more. Unfortunately, now....in the car.....I get constant chatter because he tends not to suck his thumb as badly, but maybe that will even out.
On Sunday, we celebrated with a couple of friends from Ben's school. We did some crafts. I quickly learned the boys would rather play legos. The girls sat there much longer working on them. I am used to Eddie that would sit and work on them long too.
Can you see the difference in artistry?
We played Pin the letter P on the Panda. Eddie has a drawing book which thankfully showed me how to draw a panda. The kids had a blast with that!
We had some pizza and a panda birthday cake homemade by me as if you couldn't tell.
And because we had extra time at the end, we had to think of something to fill the time, so I thought of musical chairs. Yes, musical chairs in our tiny little kitchen. It only resulted in one or two kids crying. What was I thinking?! All in all though, a fun way to celebrate for a five year old.
Happy Birthday to my sweet boy Ben! Enjoy being five years old!

BW vignette of the 5 year old. Great shot!
ReplyDelete