Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kitchen Nightmares

I cooked dinner the other night after a shopping spree at Costco.


 My food prep started out looking like this.  I mean, what was I doing? Drawers, cabinets and trash can open. Stuff everywhere. Ahh, the fun of a small house. Going to Costco alone can ruin me for the day because I have no where to put everything.  Then I got home and my neighbor gave me 10 ears of corn. As if I didn't have enough food. As if I didn't just go to Costco.


But, boy was this the best corn I tasted all summer. So sweet! Thank you Maryland farmer!


Have you ever tried cooking your corn in the microwave?  Wrap in a moist paper towel and cook for about 7 minutes. This is heavenly because the boiling water doesn't heat up the kitchen on a hot day.


Thankfully I ended up going to bed with the kitchen in order looking like this. 


Let's review. Maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to cook the corn your way.
    You should send in the pictures of your kitchen before and after. I'm just not sure where you would send them-maybe a cooking magazine.
    Any pictures of the big boy's birthday?

    ReplyDelete