Hi everyone. It's time for the annual JMU football tailgate pictures! Eddie declared this his favorite time of year not including holidays. I must say I agree with him! There is nothing like stepping foot into the Shenandoah Valley. Peirce and I both noted we feel such a sense of calm there. I would move there in a heartbeat....if we ever would need to. I'm just sayin'. I would be a good wife like that.
We stayed in Winchester, VA (an hour north of Harrisonburg) with our friends, Polly and John. It was John's birthday weekend and Polly made an awesome coconut cake. Just look at the fun we are already having for a Friday night. Yum!
On Saturday, we headed down to the 'burg. The weather looked iffy, but it actually held out. We sweated to death because of the humidity, but every now and then we'd throw the kids in Polly and John's van and put on the a/c and a movie for them so we could have grown up time.
But they sure look cute all decked out in their JMU gear.
As did Peirce and John. The sweet owner at the JMU Under Armour store gave alumni a free hat. Looking good boys! And Happy Birthday John! You are an alumni by marriage and that counts!
The girls were just trying to keep up with the men's fantastic looks. How are we doing?
I made some chocolate sandwich cookies from scratch, mind you. It was fun. I got to dye the frosting on the inside purple and yellow. We already ate some, hence the non symmetry of my pan.
Go Dukes! What a great game it was!

No comments:
Post a Comment