Saturday, August 20, 2011

This video is a little like watching paint dry, so I apologize in advance. But, there were little lessons that made me happy watching it. I caught Eddie and Ben playing Go Fish the other day. This has never happened...the actual playing of a REAL game where a parent isn't involved. They are in the middle of the game here and Ben asks Eddie "Do you have a whale?". In watching, I heard two things that made me a proud mommy. 1. The taking of turns. 2. Eddie said "Thank you" when handed a card and Ben replied with "You're welcome." These are tiny little lessons but as a mom, I'm glad to see all my nagging and frustration about these things can somehow be put into practice in a heated game of Go Fish. We all start somewhere. And I'm hoping the boys somewhere leads them down a good path. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment