We certainly have had our fill of natural disasters this past week. First an earthquake. Then a hurricane. We survived both unscathed, thankfully. I'm sorry to hear of so many of you have power outages. I can't believe we lucked out as well as we did because the wind during the tropical storm was insane.
Yesterday, during the start of the rain and wind, we had a birthday party for Eddie. He turns six on August 29th which was supposed to be the first day of school, but alas, school has been canceled because of the power outages. I guess that is a great birthday present.
Our party started out with pizza. 9 kids gathered around the table. It was a kids only birthday party with the only parents on the premises being Peirce and me. Yikes. Again, we survived unscathed, whew.
After pizza, we proceeded to do crafts. At first, it was just the girls and Eddie who ran to do them. But, then everyone joined in and had a ball! We made paper plate penguins...

...and Oreo penguins.

And topped it all off with my attempt at a penguin birthday cake.

I just put Eddie and Ben to bed tonight and realized this was the last time I would say goodnight to Eddie as a five year old. Time flies. Tonight, he read a very long book out loud to Ben for bedtime. It is amazing how as each year goes by, kids become little people and learn new skills. Life isn't always easy. Life isn't always fair. But birthdays should always be fun. Even though we may not have parties like we are six years old anymore, my wish for all of us, is that we can remain kids and always have this face the moment we blow out our candles.
No comments:
Post a Comment