For Christmas, Peirce gave me Photoshop Elements 9, a photo editing software. Yes ladies, this is what I asked for. The best part is that he ALSO gave me two necklaces! I'm such a jewelry fan.
But, unlike jewelry, as soon as I installed Photoshop and went to get to work, my eyes glazed over. I started breathing deeply and I piddled around for about 5 or 10 minutes and then I just got off the computer because I could feel my blood pressure rise. I didn't even know where to start. I didn't even know what I wanted to do. I didn't even know if I was a decent photographer anymore. Would I rather have had a third necklace than this silly program?
After ignoring it for a couple weeks and not giving myself time to learn it, I asked my dad to come over and give me a lesson. He is a photo and computer media guru, so even if he didn't know this program, I knew he'd be much better than me! Tonight, we had our first lesson and we piddled around together, but it was fun. I learned a lot just from watching him maneuver each button, icon and photograph. I am very nervous about going to bed tonight for fear that I will lose all this knowledge. But, hopefully, I am off to a bit of a start.
And just now, I found a fun photo to play with. This was our trip to Kent Island on my previous post. We found a vine hanging from a tree on our hike. Eddie and I tried to swing a bit none too gracefully. But, then we put Ben on it and you can see the shock on Peirce's face. Mr. Athletic Kid strikes again. A picture really is worth a thousand words.
I love the two tones-color and black and white. Keep at it-you are good!!
ReplyDelete