We did some fun things: visited a ghost town, rode on the Apache Trail up in the mountains, watched the sunset in the desert while listening to the coyotes talking, went to the Cubs spring training facility, visited downtown Mesa, went to a museum to see Cowboy Art, and watched the Ravens beat the Chiefs in the playoffs before we got on the plane to come back east. Yipee!
Peg and Larry have purchased a park model home in the Valle Del Oro RV Resort. They will split their time between here and there. Larry plans to build an Arizona room addition onto it, thus doubling its size. It is very cute and Sarah and I were lucky enough to stay there while Peg and Larry stayed in their pull trailer a few sites away. The resort is very active and they offer many classes. I was a lucky recipient of two of the rings my mom made since taking lapidary. Larry has done some glasswork and woodworking. All in all, I was glad I got to see the landscape of the desert. It is so different than Baltimore and different from the mountains of Salt Lake City where Whitney lived. The flat landscape and palm trees took some getting used to, but I did and I realized this is just another example of the beautiful world in which we live. Thanks Ma and La!
Looks like a great time. We enjoyed the photos you sent today.
ReplyDelete