
We had a busy start to December. This past weekend was jam packed with all sorts of holiday festivities and I tried to take part in as much as we could before we all crashed on Sunday afternoon!
Saturday morning was Breakfast with Santa at Eddie's school. I went in at 6 a.m. to help set up and then the breakfast started at 8. Peirce brought the boys out and they chowed down on many many pancakes. They even humored us and got their picture taken with Santa. It was a nice event and it was also good for Eddie to be at his school for a "fun" event, not just the day to day school stuff.
Later in the afternoon, Eddie begrudgingly went with me to Merry Tuba Christmas in the Inner Harbor. This event has brass instruments (tubas, baritones, sousaphones, etc.) play Christmas music. It really is neat to see how these big boy instruments can pull off some of these tunes. We stayed for a couple songs and by then, Eddie was happy he had come. Did you know the big instruments are called sousaphones?? See? Now you do. Here is Eddie with a couple sousaphone members of the Baltimore Ravens marching band.
After this, we picked up Peirce and Ben and went to a Walk to Bethlehem at a church near my dad and Kathy's house. It was a guided tour around to different stations where characters of the bible helped tell the story of the birth of Jesus. It was really really cool and the kids were mesmerized. I can't wait to do it again next year.
Sunday, after church we had a Christmas around the World presentation about how different countries celebrate Christmas. The kids participated and it was really cute. Everyone brought an authentic dish from the country they represented. I am polish, so I made my first ever Polish kielbasa. I think everyone ate it up because when I turned around at the end of the day, the guy at church was cleaning my crockpot. A good sign I didn't mess it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment