My brother-in-law, Will, (shout out to Will!) yet again critiqued my blog worthiness. He said he wanted to hear about my everyday life, instead of only the big events going on around us.
So, here it is: A Day in the Life of Meg (how boring)
3:00 a.m. Eddie cries Mommy because he is sniffling and coughing. I get up to go try to get him to drift back to sleep. Crawl back in bed and stay awake hearing him sniffle the whole time. Our bed is 18 inches from his door. Ugh.
4:00 a.m. Repeat above. I, thankfully, drifted back to sleep.
5:30 a.m. Alarm goes off. Put on running clothes and head out the door 15 minutes later.
5:50 a.m. Meet up with a friend for my first social run. She was fast! More importantly, I am definitely slow.
7:00 a.m. Shower and get dressed. Find time to eat. Eddie goes off to school a while later.
9:00 a.m. Take Ben to playgroup
10:30 a.m. Playgroup ends. Go to library. Check out 10 children's books. Head to Cross Street market to get two soft pretzels (the best a person has ever had)
11:30 a.m. Pick Eddie up from school. Feed him and Ben pretzel bites in the car.
11:45 a.m. Home and make lunches. Try to check my email until nap time.
1:00 p.m. Read two books to Ben. Have a nice nap, Ben.
1:10 p.m. Read a new library book to Eddie. Have a nice rest time, Eddie.
1:30 p.m. Go downstairs to put on Young and the Restless, but find that the stinking Tivo hasn't recorded today's episode. Frantic but watch yesterday's instead while having hot chocolate and reading the newspaper.
2:15 p.m. Get Eddie out of his room for rest time. Endure constant questions of what he can draw, play, eat, do. I proceed to putz around the house all the while giving him the illusion that I care what he draws, plays, eats and does. We do stencils, I call to get some estimates about waterproofing the basement. Yes, ugh. I do laundry, etc. Putz, putz.
2:45 p.m. Eddie wants to use the carpet sweeper and cleaning tools, so I let him while I sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
2:55 p.m. I tell Eddie to get off the wet kitchen floor.
3:20 p.m. Peirce is home from an early day in Annapolis. Probably discussing Sheila Dixon's future. :-)
3:40 p.m. Peirce eats his sweet and spicy chicken wings I bought him from Cross Street market. I continue to putz; computer, chores, write checks.
3:50 p.m. Ben wakes from nap. Sweet and cuddly. Nothing like it. The boys play around.
4:40 p.m. Peirce leaves for his night work meeting. I feed the kids dinner (leftovers).
5:00 p.m. Read books.
5:20 p.m. Put Eddie in the bath. He looks exhausted. I fold and put away laundry and keep Ben from putting objects in the tub annoying Eddie.
6:20 p.m. Read "brothers books", which means if I get to read to both of them at the same time, they get three books, not two. Ben bailed by the third anyway and went in his crib at 6:30 p.m.
6:45 p.m. Eddie goodnight.
6:50 p.m. I start working on my job. Database work and emailing for Baltimore CASH Campaign.
7:30 p.m. Work ends and I start this blog.
Now I plan to get some food and veg. Peirce said he'd be home with sundaes tonight, so that makes me smile. Goodnight.
Excellent work! Now that is more like it. Not boring at all. I think they call it LIFE. :)
ReplyDeleteMeghan, sounds like you need a nice hobby to keep you busy. ;-)
ReplyDelete