Monday, November 23, 2009

Birthday Surprise



My birthday was last week. On Friday, the 20th, Peirce and I went to Annapolis to see Carbon Leaf. They are one of my favorite bands. I discovered them when I lived in Richmond and we try to catch them locally whenever we can. It was all I could do to keep my eyes open because we had a busy week and I wasn't getting much sleep with Eddie and Ben having bad coughs. But, I rallied and was glad I did.

As I sat at the table, Peirce went to "the bathroom" and a couple minutes later I looked up to see George and Jessica, our friends from Richmond, turn the corner! Surprise! It was awesome. I was clueless the whole time! They drove up just for the night so we could all enjoy the concert together. George and Jess "downgraded" their tickets so they could sit with us. It was a fun time. Unfortunately, we had to call it a night right after the concert because we had to get home to our babysitter, but I suppose that is just as well since I'm now the big 3-5 and maybe these old bones can't handle it anymore, haha!

For my birthday, Peirce gave me a pocket video camera, so once I figure out how to upload stuff, I'll offer my viewers a sampling of Carbon Leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment