Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Water water everywhere

Our basement is wet. We are hiring people to come on Monday to waterproof it. This requires digging a trench around the perimeter with a jackhammer (sorry neighbors) and laying stone and perforated pipe all around which will direct the water to a sump pump they will install. I cannot wait to have this done. It has been years coming, but is progressively getting worse. Nothing is safe down there and this rain will not let up. The process should take about three days, so I think we'll head to my grandmother's for afternoon rest time so Ben can sleep in a quiet place.

We currently have our basement contents in a POD in the front of our home. In addition, we have bins piled up in our dining room and things lying all through the house. Guess I won't be decorating for a couple weeks.

In the meantime, yet another modem broke. This is so pathetic. I think we are now on our fifth modem from Juno. We have officially ordered Comcast and are going to take the plunge with that later this month. I really need it for my work from home job, so I'm excited about hopefully having a connection that won't go kaput.

No comments:

Post a Comment