Happy 4th of July! It was a fun day for us. The day didn't start off too fun for me because I went to ride the course for the Irongirl triathlon that I'm doing in August. I'm doing the bike and run legs of the race. To say the course was brutal for me is an understatement. I pretty much hated every minute of it. The pretty scenery was the only thing that saved me, but the rolling hills and huge inclines at some parts were very discouraging to me. I came home feeling defeated and crawled into bed for a nap!
Later on, we got to party at a friend's house. She has a new huge home in the neighborhood with a gorgeous deck. It was lots of fun for us and the kids. We came home and had a nice visit with my mom and Larry and we watched fireworks from our deck while munching on a new recipe I tried, frozen peanut butter cheesecake. Yum!
Eddie actually stayed awake the entire time for fireworks because he took a nap earlier in the day. What luck! The boy has not napped in forever and we got two back to back naps, probably related to him having a cold. Oh well, whatever works! It was gorgeous weather and such a beautiful view of the harbor.
Great photo! Nanny is going to have to get this one.
ReplyDelete