Thursday, June 4, 2009

Out with the old

This Saturday, I am going to partake in our community yard sale. I don't know what I'm thinking because I never make any money and these sorts of things seem like more trouble than it is worth. But, after looking around my basement and seeing baby things I no longer need or toys that we could part with, I felt inspired. We also have a chair that has been sitting in our dining room that has got to go. I used to hang onto things thinking that we would need it when we moved to our next house, but I'm kinda over it. We are still here and it is time to clean out a bit.

I have seen the queen of yard sales in action though and that is my sister, Whitney. She always has the most enticing things to buy. We have done a couple together at her house and her stuff always looks glamorous and organized and mine looks pathetic. I'm hoping some of my observations of her brilliance will rub off on me this weekend. Whitney is having her own yard sale this weekend and that is to clear out her house for her big move to Salt Lake City. James got a new job with overstock.com so I know he is happy about that. Yes, across the country they will go and I'm pretty sad about it. I know it will be good for their family, but I will miss them all so much.

2 comments: